Saturday, April 12, 2008

Found Roots


At the beginning of the year I blogged about creating my own roots and that is finally starting to happen.

The hubby and I have found a house we would like to call home. We are under contract and if the next few weeks go smoothly we will be home owners by the end of May. For real and for true. If this works out that will be what I post about for some time and hopefully more crafty goodness.

My Flickr is filled with pics I should post about, but somehow I haven't managed to get the gumption to do so. My most recent finished project is the stroller blanket I knit for a dear friend's baby using the Mason Dixon Modern Log Cabin Blanket pattern.



She had a little girl at the end of February but my friend is not so excited about dousing her little girl in pink. The nursery decor is jungle/rainforest with the main colors are browns, light green and yellow. I choose to use Lion Brand Nature's Choice Organic Cotton yarn in Pistachio, Macadamia, Pecan, Walnut and a little bit of Strawberry to give it a wee bit of girly-ness. The browns, green and cream match other things that were purchased for them and the organic yarn will please my eco-conscious friend. It is super soft and the only worry I have is that the yarn appears to be a bit linty so I am hoping a nice wash will help with that.

I greatly over estimated the amount of yarn I needed so I will probably make some coordinating accessories...hats, sweaters, booties, another blanket! ;)

No comments: